Monday, January 14, 2013

The Little Critter series: Just Me and My Mom by Mercer Mayer

 
As a writer, whenever Phoenix naps I try to grab some writing time into my day.  I popped into a Starbucks today and got an hours worth of research and writing done for my new novel Quiet, the second book of the Careful, Quiet, Invisible series. When Phoenix woke up I had his bottle ready and a book. We read Just Me and My Mom by Mercer Mayer. I'm getting into the Little Critter series, the stories follow Little Critter while he goes through simple daily activites and adventures and always learns a lesson about 'growing up' during the day. Little Critter experiences new things, like a trip to the city with Mom, he also experiences things he forgot to do and things he does well.

The great thing I'm finding about the iPad is that I can have these apps ready and books there on the spot to keep Phoenix happy and learning while we are shuffling around the city.

Extra fun: In the app Just Me and My Mom Little Critter has a friend, a frog, and throughout the book you can tap the frog whenever you see him and at the end you can see your points and if you found him every time.

The Little Critter apps are put out by Oceanhouse Media and they do GREAT apps: you can read it yourself, have it read on auto play or the app will read it to you. I think it's best to read it yourself but it's nice there are options too. I like the sounds, the sound of dishes clinking appears when Little Critter is putting them away in the sink, are creative and a fun realistic element.

Read on!
~Isobella and Phoenix



 

No comments:

Post a Comment