Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sharing the words of Martin Luther King, Jr with your baby or toddler

 
I just downloaded the new I Have a Dream book, by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr and Illustrated by Kadir Nelson, put out by Random House for my Nook Kids app, and I can't wait to read it to Phoenix on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and throughout the year.

I'm so glad Random House put this book out! I flipped through it at the Scholastic bookstore in SoHo last week and I loved the illustrations and that each page represents a line of Martin Luther King, Jr's famous I Have a Dream speech.

I encourage you to buy this book in hardcover or for your Kindle or Nook (apps), one of my favorite lines of the I Have a Dream speech is: " I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

I love this line because that is what I want for Phoenix, throughout his life I want him to be judged only by the content of his character, by his actions and the words he chooses to use and the way he treats people. This is something all ages should be reminded of, to judge others only by how they treat others and to position yourself to be only judged by the way we treat others and the person we are inside.

Whether you read this in print or through e-reading, it is a must-have! The words are so inspiring and meaningful and the illustrations are so well done!

And now that I have a baby, a child that I want to raise to be a caring, compassionate, independent, driven and kind human being, Martin Luther King, Jr's words mean even more to me.

Get the I Have a Dream children's book at BN.com, Amazon.com or IndieBound.

Dream big and be careful with others and this precious earth we all share,

~Isobella

 
P.s: Do you have a Kindle Fire? Are you using Amazon's Kindle FreeTime Unlimited for children's books? Prime Amazon members get thousands of titles for $2.99 a month, non-Prime members pay $4.99 a month and THAT is an amazing price for ALL the books and videos you can read to your baby or toddler! LOTS of learning!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment