Sunday, January 6, 2013

Phoenix reads The Cat in the Hat book app for iPad

I love Oceanhouse Media book apps (love the books they create and we recently downloaded the OM Bookshelf) and this afternoon Phoenix and I read The Cat in the Hat on the iPad. I love the way the pages turn, I love that way the illustrations pan close up and then out, I love how I can touch the Cat's hat and the word "hat" appears on the screen. That extra element of learning, making the illustrations as an enhanced part of reading the app really excites me.





We also downloaded the Nook Kids app today.

Other apps we have recently downloaded for reading and learning laptime:

100 Words for Babies and Toddlers/ Codegent

The Sneetches, Dr. Seuss/ Oceanhouse Media

ABCMouse Grand Canyon/ ABCMouse.com Age of Learning Inc

My Alphabet Coloring book/ Gortz Media

Drawing Pad/ Darren Murtha Design

Sports Illustrated for Kids/ Time Inc

Geo Walk HD 3D World Fact Book (animals, plants, history, people and inventions)/ Vito Technology

23snaps ltd.

My Number Coloring Book/Jeff Pedersen

My First Book of Alphabets HD/ llmasoft

Arthur Turns Green by Marc Brown/ ScrollMotion

I Just Forgot. Little Critter/ OceanMedia

Bookster, Imagine Learning Inc.




No comments:

Post a Comment