Thursday, January 17, 2013

Babysitters from Lucky Lil' Darlings share their favorite children's books


Sometimes Mama needs a break-just a little time to herself-some pampering-a lucid thought, and as much as we love spending this precious time in our lives with our little ones when I need a babysitter that's full of energy, sweet, caring and likes to read to Phoenix I use Lucky Lil' Darlings in New York City (you can book their sitters in 8 cities too!). I booked a sitter with them right after Phoenix was born and they are great for last minute bookings too. It was adorable recently when one of their sitters was reading to Phoenix while I was working on my new YA novel in the other room.
 
Here are 7 of the Lucky Lil Darlings sitters with their favorite children's books and why they love them!



 
But Not The Hippopotamus by Sandra Boynton is not only my favorite kids book, it might be my favorite book in life.- Laura

The Napping House by Audrey Wood and Don Wood was my absolute favorite book when I was a kid! I would read it over and over again. The illustrations were like candy to me! Such soft colors and beautiful fluid lines. Plus the story was so much fun to follow. Even when I had it memorized, I would still laugh when each new character came into the room!- Mary
 
Pomelo Begins to Grow by Ramona Badescu and illustrated by Benjamin Chaud. Gorgeous illustrations and a wonderful, fun story about a little pink elephant learning about the big world outside his garden.- Shea

Animal Sleep Stories by Daria Tessler. The illustrations in this book are fascinating, I love them as much as the kids do!- Lora

I am a Bunny by Ole Risom I’ve always loved Richard Scarry’s illustrations, and Nicholas is such a sweet bunny, love sharing this book with kids just learning to read!- Alison

 
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow. I don't know what it is about this book- but kids love reciting the words as soon as they learn to speak. In my experience, kids look forward to reading it (especially when you read in a goofy voice!), so it is a good tool to gather and calm them before bedtime.- Shannon

(By the way, OceanHouse Media just put out a great app for Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed for the iPad! Phoenix and I are checking it out and will let you know our thoughts soon!)

I Love You Forever by Robert Munsch and Sheila McGraw. I love this book because my mom used to read it to me as a child and it is so sweet- Lindsay

 
 
I Love You Forever is also one of my favorites and it will be making an appearance on this blog very soon.  I hope you check out Lucky Lil Darlings, I love that their sitters love to read to kids!

http://www.luckylildarlings.com/
https://twitter.com/LuckyLilDarling
http://www.facebook.com/LuckyLilDarlings
http://www.luckylildarlings.com/blog/
 
 
~Isobella

No comments:

Post a Comment