Friday, February 15, 2013

Phoenix visits the Barefoot Books Bookstore and FAO on Valentine's Day

 
On Valentine's Day I took my Phoenix to FAO Schwarz and I got him a cute brown bear, which will be perfect to have nearby when we read to Phoenix his favorite The Bear Snores On book before bed. He was all smiles when I showed it to him in the store and he reached for the bear.
 
I had no idea but there is a book store there too! It's called Barefoot Books (it's a great store to visit!) and we spent some time there looking at their books and Phoenix got to show off his "sitting" skills while sitting on the storybook time throne.
 
"Barefoot Books began with two mothers who wanted their children to have books that would feed the imagination, while instilling a respect for diversity and a love of the planet."
 
 
The story time is daily, which surprised me and impressed me, evey day at 11 a.m and 3 p.m


We picked up two beautiful books, Over in the Meadow and Star Seeker, which I will be featuring next week.


 
If you have a newborn or little one are expecting one or know someone who is pregnant, I suggest getting Baby's First Book, it's more than a traditional baby book for your memories with your baby, it also involves rhymes and cute quilt-like pictures and here are other books for babies from Barefoot Books, I think you and your baby will really enjoy the vibrant colors and sentimental and adorable stories.

https://twitter.com/BarefootBooks
https://www.facebook.com/barefootbooks

Read on!
Isobella & Phoenix
 

P.s: Read This: I love this post on Wired Magazine's Geek Dad's blog on Loving Damaged and Dirty Children's Books: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2013/02/kids-books/

No comments:

Post a Comment